We are looking for an adventure sports enthusiast to join our team and help develop, monitor, and strengthen Monvida Athletes. We are firm believers on training with a “why” in mind and are looking for an additional coach as Monvida Sports continues to grow!
- Develop and monitor strength and conditioning programs for assigned athletic teams
- Assist in fitness testing, computation of results, and evaluation of individual athletes.
- Teach proper resistance training exercise technique and assist in spotting when necessary
- Assist in the general maintenance and cleaning of facility and its equipment
- Anticipate potential risks of injury, take measures to remove them, and, in the event of an injury, have the ability to implement emergency medical procedures
- Assist the director with all tasks for which he or she is responsible, and manage general operation of the facility in the director’s absence
- Effectively and properly motivate athletes to achieve maximum potential in all areas of performance
- Work and communicate with coaches in the athletic department
- Prepare the workout sheets for assigned sports
- Assist in the training of student assistants
- Keep updated on current strength and conditioning research
- Achieve and maintain professional certification(s) with continuing education requirements and a code of ethics, such as the CSCS credential offered through the NSCA or the CPT/CEP offered through the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology. Depending on the professional’s scope of activities, responsibilities, and knowledge requirements, relevant certifications offered by other governing bodies may also be appropriate (5)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director
- Perform the duties of the facility supervisor as needed
- Part-time with potential to turn into full-time
- Will correlate to years of experience.
- The Lab: 344 Westmoreland Avenue North, Toronto
- Fun working environment
- Access to the gym facility
- Opportunity to go on exciting fun trips with the team
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Be a part of a great team of dedicated professionals looking to leave this world a better place than when they came. We’re not looking for employees, instead team members that will grow with us!
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma or in the process of completing is required but a Master’s degree is preferred (with emphasis in exercise science, exercise physiology, or physical education).
- Two years’ experience is required in progressively responsible positions involving development and management of sport-specific individual and group performance training programs.
- Excellent communication, supervisory, and management skills are required.
- Position also requires the individual to hold either a CSEP-CPT/CEP or the NSCA CSCS certification.
- Must also have an interest in outdoor adventure sports.
How to Apply:
Please email all job applications to email@example.com with Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach as the subject line.